Oprah Winfrey’s Top 10 Rules For Success
The fascinating part about having the internet and social media is that we can learn from people through videos, blogs, and podcasts even though we have never met them.
I always watch Oprah Winfrey videos because she has intended for her life here on Earth to have a purpose. She is successful, and somehow stays connected with many individuals because she isn’t afraid to tell people how she got to where she is today. She is in her 60s, yet she still continues to grow and take risks with her platform.
I have summarized and taken notes of this video “Oprah Winfrey’s Top 10 Rules For Success” by Evan Carmichael because I believe it will benefit many individuals who may need reminders about success, how to get there, and just about life in general.
1) Understand the next right move.
- The way through the challenge is to get still, and ask yourself: what is the next right move?
- Do not be overwhelmed and think that you have to know it all now.
- Your life is bigger than that one moment.
2) Seize your opportunity.
- luck is preparation meeting the moment of opportunity.
- there is no luck without you being prepared to handle that moment of opportunity.
- Every single moment that has happened in your life is preparing you for the moment that is to come.
3) Everyone makes mistakes.
- You don’t have to hold yourself hostage to who you used to be, or anything you ever used to do.
- Who has lived, and hasn’t made mistakes?
4) Work on yourself.
- Work on the alignment of your personality, the gifts that you have to give with the real reason why you’re here.
- Fill yourself up and keep your cup full.
- It’s only when you’re full that you will have a lot to offer and have a lot to give to the world.
5) Run the race as hard as you can.
- You can’t control other people, or what they’re doing.
- Looking at how other people are doing in life, and comparing yourself to them only takes energy away from you.
- “Don’t waste your time in the race looking at where the other guy is.”
- It’s not about the other guy. It’s about “What can you do?”
- You need to run the race as hard as you can. You need to give it 100% all the time, for yourself.
- “I always believed that there is something greater…more for me.”
7) We are all seeking the same thing.
- The core of what really matters is we are the same.
- You want to fulfill the highest, truest, expression of yourself as a human being.
8) Find your purpose.
9) Stay grounded.
- “My life is fueled by my being. Being fuels to doing. I come from a focused place. I come from wanting to connect…even as I became more and more financially successful…What I realized through the whole process is because I’m grounded in my whole self, even though I have better shoes, that I could understand that it was because I was grounded. I work at staying awake.”
10) Relax. It’s going to be okay.
- “Dear beautiful, brown skinned girl. I look into your eyes and I see the light and hope of myself. In this photo, you’re just about to turn 20, posing outside of the television station, where you were just recently hired as a reporter. You look calm. You look happy. But I know how scared you are. If I could say anything to you, it would be: relax. It’s going to be okay.”
What about you? Do you have people who you listen to a lot, and feel a connection with? Has that certain person motivated you to grow, and see life in a different angle?
Post a comment below, because I would love to know!